PAging space useage on AIX (was Re: tcsh for RISC6000, AIX 3.1?)

Bjorn Engsig bengsig at oracle.nl
Tue Sep 25 17:18:03 AEST 1990

Article <1990Sep24.045350.29617 at edm.uucp> by geoff at edm.uucp (Geoff Coleman) says:

|AIX 3.1 seems incredibly adept at using paging space.
This issue has been discussed here before.  In particular the binder (ld) uses
extreme amounts of paging space, but it also does much more for you than the
normal unix linker used to do.  In fact, on our 48 MB core + 128 MB page
development system, we have replaced the binder by a queue so only one is
executing at a time.
Bjorn Engsig,	Domain:		bengsig at oracle.nl, bengsig at oracle.com
		Path:		uunet!mcsun!orcenl!bengsig
		From IBM:	auschs!ibmaus!cs.utexas.edu!uunet!oracle!bengsig