GCC on AIX 1.2

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Sat Sep 29 01:33:17 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep27.105543.5313 at jdyx.UUCP> shawn at jdyx.UUCP (Shawn Hayes) writes:
>	Has anyone gotten the GCC compiler to work on the PS/2 running
>AIX 1.2?  I ran into a problem while trying to bring it up.  It seems that
>during the Make process a program called Bison is used.  Does anyone know
>where I can get a copy of this program that will work under AIX?

Bison is the GNU equivalent of yacc. It is available at most archive sites
which have the GNU distribution. I have also found it to be one of the
most easily ported of the GNU applications. You could either get your
hands on that or alternatively in the Makefile define it to actually use
yacc. At some point back I seem to remember being told that the AIX yacc
had a problem with the gcc source but I have no idea if that is still the
case. We have gcc ported here internally, but I didn't do the port so I
really don't know whether there are any particular problems. Good Luck!

Disclaimer: I work for LCC, I don't speak for them.
Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM