getopt (3) problem?

Paul T. Root proot at ksuvax1
Thu Sep 13 23:40:59 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep12.011152.26067 at maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> proot at ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Paul T. Root) writes:
>I've used getopt quite a bit on Suns, Vax, PS/2's, 370's, so I don't think
>its operator error.
But then again it probably is. I didn't think that to see what EOF was (I
had been thinking that it was 0). Oh, well. What it comes down to is that
c in the example below is a character instead of an integer. And
(char) -1 != (int) -1. I would have expected a casting error (after all
of the (int)NULL's I've done in AIX.

>The work around I use is like this:
>
>	while(( c = getopt( argc, argv, "d:m" )), c != EOF && c != -1 ) {
>		switch( c ) {
>		  .
>		  .
>		  .
>		}
>	}

Oh well, all's well with the Rios now.

Is anybody working on GNU emacs with X-Windows now? I think that's the next
project.

Paul.