Illegal execution error message

David Fricker fsfrick at bones
Tue Apr 9 23:48:02 AEST 1991

I'm porting a local graphics program which uses the GL calls, and I
get the error message 'illegal execution' when it bombs.  The program
is a scientific plotting/graphics package (3d, contours, etc.) which
compiles nicely (now), starts up okay, but bombs when asked to do
graphics.

I tried running 'xde' to track down the offending call, but the following
is all I get from the debugger:

	Unreadable instruction at address 0x0
	warning: could not locate trace table from starting address 0x0
	Could not determine current function

As you can see, this is not very helpful.  I would appreciate any hints,
suggestions, incantations, etc.

In case you're interested, my system is an RS/6000 model 530 running at
level 3003.  It has the 24-bit color, Z-buffered graphics board.

Thanks for any help.
david fricker
David Fricker			|     phone: 216-433-5960
NASA Lewis Research Center     	|     M.S. 5-11
Cleveland, Ohio  44135         	|     email: fsfrick at bones.lerc.nasa.gov