MAIL on AIX V. 3

Michael Stefanik mike at bria.UUCP
Thu Apr 11 07:25:46 AEST 1991

In an article, emily.uvm.edu!moore (Bryan Moore) writes:
|I am having a problem with the mail system on AIX V. 3.
|Previously on AIX 2.2.1 on the RT, when a user was looking at
|mail, the system would prompt for a key-press when the screen
|filled up ( like it was piped into pg). On the RS/6000, the
|information just scrolls through the mail message even if it
|is 10 pages long.
|
|Maybe this is a parameter in the .mailrc file, but I don't know
|which one.

To have Mail page through long messages, add the following line in
your ~/.mailrc file:

	set crt=20

For a complete list of Mail options, you can refer to "Communication Concepts
and Procedures, Volume 1" section 8, pages 6-8.

--
Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc, Los Angeles | Opinions stated are never realistic
Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike