UUCP using V.32 or HST modem connections

Chuck Karish karish at mindcraft.com
Tue Apr 2 04:59:19 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar30.032817.7885 at hybrid.UUCP> mdapoz at hybrid.UUCP (Mark Dapoz)
quotes <1991Mar28.110956.10576 at unislc.uucp> sun!jkimble at unislc (Jim Kimble):
>>The real killer is connecting to an IBM RT because VRM had a nasty problem
>>with high-speed UUCP connections overflowing the i/o buffers -- consequently
>>VRM handled the overflow by sending either a SIGHUP or SIGINT to uucico
>>which caused the connection to die for mysterious reasons...  The "fix" for
>>that APAR was to slow down uucico rather than speed up VRM.  No shit.

This is the first I've heard about a "fix" for this one, and I've been
bugging the support people about it for two years.  If I have the 6150
talk to my TrailBlazer at 19200 baud, it loses characters.  The
machines has a buffered 4-port adapter (16550 UART chips) and it works
at 9600 Baud max, which gives me 700-800 cps on UUCP transfers.

The UUCP symptom is that uucico times out and kills itself with an
assert(), telling me that it's at line 365 in program pk1.c

	Chuck Karish		karish at mindcraft.com
	Mindcraft, Inc.		(415) 323-9000