Where does getty get its information?

John F Haugh II jfh at greenber.austin.ibm.com
Tue Apr 23 03:02:17 AEST 1991

In article <28108620.1309 at tct.com> chip at tct.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>I have a simpler solution: make uucico getuid-uucp and setgid-system.
>Since the ports are mode 664 it works fine.

This isn't a real solution either.  It is perfectly acceptable for
you to disable a port after some random user has logged out and
left the modes something other than 664 or with any particular owner
or group.
--
John F. Haugh II      |      I've Been Moved     |    MaBellNet: (512) 838-4340
SneakerNet: 809/1D064 |          AGAIN !         |      VNET: LCCB386 at AUSVMQ