Terminal Emulators/ Virtual Terminals

Wayne Daley root at hanys.UUCP
Tue Apr 23 23:39:26 AEST 1991

 We have just installed a new rs6000 running AIX 3.1, our situation requires
setting up several PC 386 machines as direct connections.  The problem I'm
experiencing is that I haven't found an emulator that will allow multiple
virtual terminals on a dumb terminal or even if AIX 3.1 supports this.

	Another problem  is that the terminfo terminal types present
(ie vt100, vt220) either don't support all funstion keys or line drawing
characteristics.  This problem has happened trying to run SMIT from
one of the direct connected PC's.

	If anyone has any suggestions that may help, they wouyld be greatly
appreciated.
Thanx in advance,
Wayne Daley
MAIL: uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!hanys!root