xengine performance on RS6000

Kai Ng ng at cfd.di.nrc.ca
Thu Apr 18 05:01:36 AEST 1991

We have tried out the xengine on our RS6000 model 530 running 3003.
The system is configured with 64meg of main memory and a 24-bit, 3D
and Z-buffer graphics subsystem.

The outcome, which ranges from 41 to 49, is extremely disappointing.
We also have a Silicon Graphics 4D/25G and a SUN 3/60. Both perform
about twice as good as the IBM.

However somebody has claimed that on a 550, the xengine runs at 333.
Has anybody tried it on their RS6000 ?

I suspect it could due to something not configured right in our system.
Any opinion welcome.