strange errors compiling GCC

sdl sdl at adagio.austin.ibm.com
Sat Apr 6 07:22:19 AEST 1991

>>>>> unger at aix1.rhrk.uni-kl.de writes:

In article <1991Apr5.155207.26934 at rhrk.uni-kl.de> unger at aix1.rhrk.uni-kl.de writes:

Thomas>     when the compiler (cc) tries to link the modules for 'cc1'
Thomas>     it reports two unresolved labels called 'scalb' and 'finite'.
Thomas>     but none of these labels occur in any of the .o or .c files
Thomas>     that are linked together.
Thomas>     am i wrong ? where's my fault ?

This is a library bug.  Your code is probably pulling frexp() from
libc,  which generates the dependency for scalb() and finite().
However, scalb() and finite() are in libm, not libc.  This will
be fixed in the next release.  In the meantime, link with libm and
you'll pick up the missing routines.

If you're not picking up frexp() from libc please send me a note;
it's not something I know about and I need to investigate further.