extracting files from distribution diskettes

David R. Greenberg grnberg at mit-caf.MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 25 22:28:48 AEST 1991

Does anyone know if it is possible to extract individual files from the
AIX 1.2 for PS/2 operating system diskettes, without having to re-install?

Several of our terminfo files were accidentally corrupted and I'm looking for
a way to remedy the situation.  I've tried using /etc/restore, but seem
unable to properly match the filenames I want.  I guess I don't fully
understand the convention by which the @ symbol, or the i386 suffix is
appended to the filenames.  Our system is not part of a cluster, so there
is no need to propogate these corrections to any other machines - just our
own.

Thanks in advance - David R. Greenberg
                    Dept. EECS
                    MIT