Exabyte 8mm SCSI Tape under AIX 1.2 (ps/2) ????

HAAS hh2 at prism.gatech.EDU
Fri Apr 26 14:42:41 AEST 1991

I need to (soon) access an Exabyte 8mm 2.5 GB SCSI Tape drive via
AIX 1.2. Like tommorrow! Has anyone added this device to a PS/2
running AIX? Is it possible? How do I add the device? The AIX
'devices' command supports (of ^%*^& course) *ONLY* IBM products.
(I guess SCSI is an IBM exclusive? IBM invented SCSI? Only IBM
makes SCSI products? This is getting old . . )

Any help that can be giving will be greatly appreciated.

hh
---
Harry Haas  GTRI/RIDL/EB    |    Georgia Tech Research Institute
Research Engineer II        |    Georgia Institute of Technology
404-528-7679                |    Atlanta Georgia, 30332
hh2 at prism.gatech.edu        |    "What makes it DO that?!" - Bones