RS/6000 Tape questions

Mark Brown mbrown at testsys.austin.ibm.com
Thu Apr 25 04:50:32 AEST 1991

rtp1 at quads.uchicago.edu (raymond thomas pierrehumbert) writes:
|Under AIX, the command "tctl" is the equivalent of "mt".  It works,
|so far as I can tell.  Don't ask me why they changed the name.
|
|I couldn't find this out via info explorer either.  I had to ask my
|software engineer.  It underscores that searching in info explorer
|is not as useful as it could be.

I think I'm responsible for this...the point was to take the many BSD commands
and put them into tctl (if they would logically go there) so that a user
would only have to look in one place to find tape control functions....

Perhaps a link to mt would be the best thing here....I'll look into it.

--
Mark Brown    IBM PSP Austin, TX.     (512) 823-3741   VNET: MBROWN at AUSVMQ
MAIL: mbrown at testsys.austin.ibm.com OR uunet!testsys.austin.ibm.com!mbrown