Exabyte/DAT info wanted

Dave Sill de5 at ornl.gov
Tue Jan 29 04:27:46 AEST 1991

I'm looking for high-capacity tape backup system for the R/S 6000
series.  I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not IBM sells
one, and that some kind of special driver is required.

If IBM is marketing an 8mm drive, I'd like to hear from someone that's
using one.

Also, are there any third-party systems available that are known to
work on 6000's?

--
Dave Sill (de5 at ornl.gov)	  It will be a great day when our schools have
Martin Marietta Energy Systems    all the money they need and the Air Force