mt command (where is it?)

Kris Olander kriso at lombard.dartmouth.edu
Tue Jan 15 05:56:25 AEST 1991

How come I can't find any info on 'mt' -- the mag tape
control program on our 6ks.  /etc/rmt doesn't look like
the what I want, or at least the man page doesn't show
any familiar flags/features.

This is a very useful command when trying to put multiple
tar/dump files on one tape.

I use 'mt -t /dev/rmt0 fsf' all the time on our other
systems.  Even HP/UX 7.0 (read POSIX), has mt.  What's
up?

Kris Olander
"My thought, my whole thoughts, and nothing but my thoughts,
  so help me God",  -- My stdclaimer
--
		-Kris Olander