using rdump with 1/4 inch tape media

Dale Hubler hubler at tomcat.lerc.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 3 01:04:32 AEST 1991

      Does anybody have an answer for an rdump question I have?  I tried to
use rdump to backup a user's /u filesystem to a QIC 150 tape drive on our
server (520).  If I take the drive to the workstation I wish to backup,
I can easily backup the 75 Meg onto one DC600 cartridge (in QIC 120
format).  The same 75 Meg requires 4 cartridges when I use rdump to
backup across the network.  The documentation refers to the -b option
on the rdump command but does not give a default value.  I am backing
up to /dev/rmt0.6.  Does anybody know what blocking factor will allow
me to write in a QIC 120 format using rdump?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Dale Hubler

--
Dale A. Hubler  ***   hubler at galaxy.lerc.nasa.gov  ***  (216) 977-7014