Network File System for a PS/2

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Sat Jan 12 22:59:15 AEST 1991

In article <14155 at milton.u.washington.edu> ganter at milton.u.washington.edu (M. Ganter) writes:
>I am attempting to install NFS on a PS/2, after performing all the normal
>installation procedures the system still won't allow remote mounting.

>The problem is the nfs deamon will not run.  When executed (i.e. nfsd 3)
>the system returns the error message:
>    "Variables missing from name list"

Just a guess here, but did you go through a kernel rebuild and reboot??
If you had a system without NFS and then want to install it NFS server
code should be added to the kernel. The fact that the error mentions something
missing from the "name list" makes me wonder.

Disclaimer: I do not speak for the company!

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM