Gnu Tar for AIX 3.1

Glenn R. Stone gs26 at prism.gatech.EDU
Fri Jan 25 06:27:50 AEST 1991

In <1991Jan24.172727.23077 at sarah.albany.edu> rds95 at leah.albany.edu (Robert Seals) writes:

>Does anyone know the incantation to get GNU tar to
>compile (correctly!) on a rs/6000? I did it once,
>but stupidly clobbered my GNU stuff when I did the
>update. And now I can't remember what I did. Oops.

Took some source hacking, at least for me....
there isn't a sys/tape.h, and the symbols are
different in sys/scsi.h.... gnutar is Berkeleyish,
and you have to do some extra ioctl()'s to get
bsd line discipline active..... you'll need #pragma alloca...
I had to rearrange some procedures to get their declarations
in order.... diffs (standard context) were 461 lines plus
an extra .h file for the #defines so I could map mt-defs to scsi defs...
again, You Want It, You Got It...

-- Glenn R. Stone
gs26 at prism.gatech.edu, glenns at eas.gatech.edu