Anyone get in/out asynch to work on R/6000?

Robin D. Wilson robin at batcomp.austin.ibm.com
Sat Jan 5 04:23:46 AEST 1991

In article <903 at ki.UUCP> dwatts at ki.UUCP (Dan Watts) writes:
)
)We're trying to get dial in/out access to work on our R/6000.  We're
)currently running AIX release 3002.  getty -u doesn't seem to work.
)Has anyone been able to get this to work?  From posting I've seen on
)the net, I've not see anyone say they've had success.  If I can't get
)it to work, guess I'll just have to break down and buy another modem
)and deal with interuptions when outgoing calls hang up on incoming ones.

PSHARE (getty -u) is broken on 3002.  PDELAY (getty -r) is also broken.
Basically, after the first time you use them for dial-out, they are just like
PENABLE (getty).

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|UUCP:     robin%aixserv at uunet.uu.net                                         |
|USNail:   701 Canyon Bend Dr.                                                |
|          Pflugerville, TX  78660                                            |
|          Home: (512)251-6889      Work: (512)823-3015                       |