netstat -r

Scott Holt scott at prism.gatech.EDU
Wed Jan 16 01:39:16 AEST 1991

In article <PANNAIYA.91Jan14185127 at aigyptos.nmsu.edu> pannaiya at nmsu.edu (Pradeepkumar Annaiyappa) writes:
>We have just received an RS/6000 320 and are trying to put
>it on the network.  I am having trouble getting tcp/ip and
>nis going.  In particular if I do netstat -r the command
>hangs.  I am unable to set any static routing using smit.

I had similar problems when setting up some of our 6000s and
traced it down to the fact that I simply didn't read the documentation
carefully enough. There is a characteristic of the ethernet interface
which defines the connector type, either DIX or BNC - BNC for thin,
DIX for thick. If this is set wrong, strange things happen. The
attributes can be accessed via the "chgenet" fast path (i.e
smit chgenet).

- Scott
--
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Scott Holt                 		Internet: scott at prism.gatech.edu
Georgia Tech 				UUCP: ..!gatech!prism!scott
Office of Information Technology, Technical Services