AS/400 and RS/6000 Connections

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Wed Jan 30 01:43:36 AEST 1991

s33966r at kaira.hut.fi (Juha Hulkkonen) writes:

>We are having severe problems connecting RS/6000 to AS/400
>using RS/6000 SNA services lpp and AS/400 connection pro-
>gram. We followed the given instrutions very carefully
>(mostly because I ain't SNA or AS/400 expert) but we
>didn't succeed. AIX end of the connection seems to work
>fine but AS/400 gives messages saying that aix systems
>is trying to establish two concurrent sessions by the
>same name.

We have had a little trouble with SNA services.  (We have found it
capable of crashing the machine.) We installed a 3270 package from TPS
which uses SNA services.  We had trouble with SNA services rejecting
the BIND from VTAM.  (I know you're not an SNA expert, but bear with me...)

When we called TPS, they said that smit does not configure all of the
parameters needed by SNA services.  We had to fiddle a few files by
hand. (Sorry, I didn't fiddle them, so I can't provide specifics.)

My suggestion is that you point out to your IBM rep that smit has this
problem, and see if they can find their APAR.
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

Look closely at the return address.  It is nanovx and NOT nanovAx.