Problem resolved on NFS for AIX PS/2

M. Ganter ganter at milton.u.washington.edu
Tue Jan 15 06:29:25 AEST 1991

I would like to thank everyone in the comp.unix.aix group for their
attempts, the REAL problem turned out to be corrupted binaries!  In
fact, the nfsd bin was 1/3 to 1/2 of the required size.  A "quick" reinstall
and everything is up and running (after two weeks).  To be fair to the
support people from IBM (in the support centers), it was the third possible
option they had us examine.  Again, thank you all ....

Why doesn't installp do a sum on the items it installs and test against
known values in a file?  Maybe this could be added as an option to
installp and updatep?

<ganter at u.washington.edu>  Mark Ganter - Univ. of Washington