QUESTION: CAP on the RS/6000?

Carl Lewis carl at probitas.cs.utas.edu.au
Mon Jan 21 09:44:56 AEST 1991

In <17459 at slice.ooc.uva.nl> matthew at ooc.uva.nl (Matthew Lewis) writes:

>Hello!  I am playing around with an IBM RS/6000, getting a few things
>working.  On package I have tried to put together is the Rutgers version of
>CAP.  Unfortunately, the BSD mask wears a bit thin when it comes to shared
>memory management, it seems.  The include file mman.h does not exist, and I
>could not find anywhere in the documentation for the RS/6000.  The onl
>place (I think) where this is needed is in atis, but that IS rather
>necessary.

>Anyone done this port yet?  Or know anything about how to work around this
>problem?

I have successfully ported (wasn't a lot to it [with THIS package) the
entire CAP package supplied with our appletalk/ethernet bridge
(Webster Multigate) + other assorted ethertalk utilities from Melbourne Uni.

  However I'm pretty sure its not from Rutgers.  If you'd like to
know which version it is , mail me later in the week, as my room
may be out of the moving boxes by then :-)

--

Snail:  Computer Science Dept., University of Tasmania,
        GPO Box 252C, Hobart, TAS, 7001, Australia.
AARN : carl at tasis.eecs.utas.edu.au