need termcap entry for aixterm

Freddy Jensen jensen at adobe.com
Wed Jan 23 05:02:53 AEST 1991

Hi Folks,

  I am having some trouble setting up my term variable correctly
  when I run aixterm on an RS/6000 and rlogin to some other machine
  (a Sun-3/80)  where terminfo is not supported.

  So I need to find out how to extract the aixterm entry from
  /usr/lib/terminfo/ibm.ti  and convert it into a termcap
  entry  that I can insert in my termcap file on the Sun.

  I cannot use the existing "xterm" entry in the termcap on my
  Sun.  Vi gets completely confused about scrolling and redrawing.

  All help appreciated.

Thanks

Freddy
-------------
Freddy Jensen
Display Postscript Group
Adobe Systems Incorporated
1585 Charleston Road, P.O. Box 7900
Mountain View, CA 94039-7900
email: jensen at adobe.com
       adobe!jensen at sun.com
       adobe!jensen at decwrl.dec.com
       ...!{decwrl,sun,uunet,apple}!adobe!jensen
phone: (415) 962-3869 / 961-4400