is there a special kermit for RS/6k AIX 3.1?

Jonathan Eunice jonathan at cs.pitt.edu
Sun Jan 20 15:20:41 AEST 1991

Robert E. Wargaski Jr. (wargaski at casbah.acns.nwu.edu) writes:
|  is there a special kermit for RS/6k AIX 3.1?
|  [...] I checked at Columbia's kermit
|  distribution site, but the only AIX machine for which they had a
|  distribution was the RT PC.

I have successfully used kermit on an RS/6000.  I compiled version
4E(072) of 24 Jan 89 with 'make sys5r3'.  I believe I had to change
a few lines (ie, <10) of source code, but they were very minor changes.
At the time, I was running Golden Code (ie, no updates applied).

I am also successfully using the newer 5A(163)ALPHA version.  Though
an Alpha release, it works fine.  It can be compiled with a
simple "make rs6000" with, as I recall, no changes whatever.

I don't recall the site I ftp'd these from, but these versions (or
similar) should be available at many kermit ftp sites.  Greping a
recent list of anonymous ftp sites shows the following:

	ginosko.samsung.com	134.228.1.1
	ipac.caltech.edu	131.215.139.35
	jade.berkeley.edu	128.32.136.9
	kolvi.hut.fi		128.214.3.7
	kolvi.hut.fi            130.233.160.32
	oswego.oswego.edu       129.3.1.1
	schizo.samsung.com      134.228.1.2
	sperm.ocean.washington.edu 	128.208.2.7
	watsun.cc.columbia.edu  128.59.39.2
Name:	Jonathan Eunice
Org:	University of Pittsburgh Computer Science, et al
Email:	jonathan at cs.pitt.edu