NEW GNU Emacs available - with DUMPING!!!

Scott Heyano slh at wolf.cs.washington.edu
Thu Jan 24 06:26:28 AEST 1991

In article <KABOOM.91Jan22023416 at lady-day.media-lab.media.mit.edu> kaboom at media-lab.media.mit.edu (Jon Maiara) writes:
[stuff]
>That's odd; it works fine at my site.  By the way, what is the purpose
>of all the xaix-keys junk?  All it did for me was break the arrow keys
>under X.  When I took it out, it worked.

	As I said the docs say it will fail eventually,
	(although Steve Rotenberg(?) says in a later article that that is
	no longer true)
	I'm running it now and will see if it will last.

	What's this xaix-keys junk?
	I didn't notice it when I installed emacs,
	but the cursor keys seem to work fine.

	I do notice that I can't <cntrl>-C it from a shell
	when it was started from a shell.
	It may also be aix or tcsh,
	one of them seems to be flakey at times about ^C & ^Z.
	Or is that normal?  It's not something I try to do normally.