SGI board on 6000?

Pat Wilson paw at eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Sat Jan 12 02:35:57 AEST 1991

Has anyone else had trouble with the SGI (24bit) board?  We've got
one on a 6000/320, and are seeing *lots* of problems with X (IBM's
R3 server and the MIT R4 clients) - red flashes in the windows when
redrawing, title bars not redrawing when exposed, etc.  There are
also problems with it using Motif, though not as many.  The normal
color cards we have work fine running the same code.

The board in question seems to run diagnostics perfectly.  The X server
is "golden" (i.e. I haven't patched it yet).  Do the X clients make
differently for this hardware?

Thanks.
--
Pat Wilson