Problem with /bin/bellmail on AIX 3.1

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Fri Jan 25 03:54:35 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan23.160745.5366 at i88.isc.com> mikebe at i88.isc.com (Michael G. Beirne) writes:

>.... The IBM
>sendmail also will not send mail to any machine in the Austria country domain
>.at due to the way they handle spaces in the configuration file. The
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>.at gets changed into an @ which is will of course be unresolveable.

If you mean that disgusting hack to allow spaces as rule token delimiters
due to braindead editors that expand tabs...:-}, well then at least in AIX
PS/2 and 370 this no longer exists. I refused to carry that hack forward into
the 5.61 code, so our sendmail now conforms to normal Berkeley behavior.

Have you filed a problem report on this?? Seems to me pretty serious that you
can't send mail to a whole top level zone!

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own, not necessarily LCC's or IBM's.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM