using backup with 1/4 inch tape media

Patrick Torre torre at msa3b.UUCP
Wed Jan 2 02:03:15 AEST 1991

merrick at magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Tom Merrick) writes:

>Second, I did several backups to the same tape cartridge (w/o a tape label).
>Everything finished correctly, so I did a tcopy on the tape and found out that
>my 60 MB cartridge had almost 112 MB on it!

>Is backup ignoring the hardware and always writing high density?  This would
>explain both problems above.

>Tom Merrick
>Ohio State University

I was having the same trouble, still am actually,
thing is , I found that low density is 120meg and high is 150 meg.

I came to this conclusion looking through the doc from the
IBM AIX v3 System Administators class.

you need dc6150 tapes to get 150 meg on a tape, and you'll pay extra $$
for the extra 30 meg.

--
Patrick Torre @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2061
{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!torre