Does AIX PS/2 1.2 run on the PS/2 Models 90 and 95?

Richard L. Pettit Jr. richp at romulus.la.locus.com
Tue Jan 15 01:30:01 AEST 1991

In article <5945 at spdcc.SPDCC.COM> dyer at spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) writes:
>We're looking to obtain a new PS/2 machine to easily handle builds of
>large source-code trees on the PS/2, and the new 486 models,
>the 90 and 95, immediately came to mind.  However, the person
>
>Can anyone inside Locus or IBM state something more plainly on
>the ability to run vanilla AIX PS/2 1.2 with the latest patches
>these configurations?

As the mouthpiece of either organization ?  No.  As me ?  I've seen
AIX running on 3 different '486 based systems.  Not only works fine
but goes like stink too.  I foresee (nor have I seen) any compatibility
problems.  If IBM gives you the run around, jump all over them like a
fungus.

Rich
----
              Richard Pettit                       Locus Computing Corp.
                                richp at locus.com
        "Opinions expressed herein are of the author, not (LCC or IBM)"