UPPERCASE userids on AIX 3.1

Peter Mroz mroz at eplrx7.uucp
Mon Jan 28 07:39:59 AEST 1991

Due to circumstances beyond my control, we are setting up some users on an
IBM RS/6000 with userids that are ALL UPPERCASE.  These users are migrating
from MVS and we are trying to make the transition as painless as possible.

However, when I log in to one of these accounts I get a nasty message from
the login program about turning off my caps lock.  We are connecting to
the box with KI Research LAT.  As far as I know it just runs the login program

I've logged in to other flavors of Unix and I don't get this message.  I can
log in OK but I would prefer not to get "yelled" at.

All suggestions welcome.

--
    Peter Mroz                    |    E.I. Du Pont de Nemours & Co.
    eplrx7!mroz at uunet.uu.net      |    Consultant, Scicon
--
The UUCP Mailer