YAASPP Solved!

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Fri Jan 18 05:56:06 AEST 1991

Recently I posted about a serial port problem.  The gist of the problem
was that serial ports were going dead, requiring a reboot to activate them.

In the course of diagnosing the problem, we discovered that "pdisable -a"
did NOT drop DTR to the modems... SOMETIMES.  We did not have HUPCL
in LOGMODES for the port, but we did have it for RUNMODES.  If someone
had not logged-in on a port, pdisabling the port did not drop DTR.

In other words, if HUPCL is not set (i.e. "stty -hupcl"), then
pdisableing a port does not drop DTR.  I assert that this is a bug.
True or false?

GLOSSARY

YAASPP - Yet Another AIX Serial Port Problem
DTR - Data Terminal Ready (If you don't know it, I can't explain it.)
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

Look closely at the return address.  It is nanovx and NOT nanovAx.