Can the Risc-6000 8mm tape drive read Exabyte tapes?

Tim Fredrick fredrick at acd.ucar.edu
Thu Jan 10 02:55:16 AEST 1991

This is another candidate for an FAQ posting; but can the internal 8mm tape
drive on a Risc-System 6000 read an Exabyte tape written from another
machine such as a Sun?  If so, what do I need to do to get it to work?  Or
do I have to buy a tape drive from Exabyte and try to attach it to our
POWERserver 530?  We are running AIX3.1 3003 by the way.  Thanks in advance.

--Tim

Tim Fredrick             National Center for Atmospheric Research
                         Atmospheric Chemistry Division
fredrick at ncar.ucar.edu   PO Box 3000
fredrick at ncar.CSNET      Boulder, CO 80307