inetd problem

Pradeepkumar Annaiyappa pannaiya at nmsu.edu
Wed Jan 23 12:31:51 AEST 1991

Hi,
  We received a couple of 320s and I finally managed to get them
on the net, thanks to many who responded to my requests.  I am now
faced with a problem which nobody here seems to have a solution for.

Inetd does not stay up.  I have installed tcpip.  rc.tcpip starts up
inetd but it does not stay up for long.  I tried to start it from
the command line and ended up with the same result.  I tried the -d
option and did not get any additional information.

It seems that the deamon runs till it gets a request for one of the
services and immediately exits.  We have another 530 which runs fine.
I copied the inetd executable and the inetd.conf on to the 320 and
tried it with no success.

Did any one face this problem before?  Does anybody have a clue?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

pk
PradeepKumar V Annaiyappa,