Why can't KA9Q telnet to AIX 3.1?

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Sat Jan 12 05:38:14 AEST 1991

According to robin at batcomp.austin.ibm.com (Robin D. Wilson):
>BTW, if you define the terminal type that you are using on the KA9Q in the
>"/usr/lib/terminfo" database, the negotiation won't fail (assuming that the
>KA9Q actually does terminal neg.)

KA9Q did not support terminal negotiation until I hacked it in; now
KA9Q telnet is working fine, without any help from Defect Support.
Thanks for the info.

(What a department name: "Defect Support"!  "Good morning, this is
IBM Defect Support.  Which defect can I help you with today?")
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
       "If Usenet exists, then what is its mailing address?"  -- me