Configuring hft on a 730

Moffat gmoff at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz
Thu Jan 24 19:23:16 AEST 1991

We are unable to use the hft on our new 730 - it is defined as hispd3d0
but 'mkdev -l hispd3d0' returns 0514-040 cfggem methods error.  This error
is not listed in info!, it appears that info knows very little about 730's
graphics subsystems.  There is no /dev/hft, should there be?  The
diagnostics in AIX crash when testing the display (version 1.0) but the ones
supplied on diskettes (1.2) produce appropriate patterns and don't report
any errors.
Can anybody help my boss to play with his new toy?
Thanks

--
    Graeme Moffat,                        Phone : +64 9 737 999  x8384
    Computer Aided Design Centre,         Fax   : +64 9 366 0702
    University of Auckland		  Email : g.moffat at aukuni.ac.nz