installp and inventory information

John F Haugh II jfh at greenber.austin.ibm.com
Fri Jan 25 09:47:12 AEST 1991

In article <3434 at d75.UUCP> dave at kleikamp.uucp (David J. Kleikamp/50000) writes:
>"inventory" is an optional file in the liblpp.a library.  If it exists,
>installp runs sysck creating the mentioned inventory information.  If you
>can't find any info about the inventory file under the installp command, I
>think the format is explained under the sysck command.

I don't think it is explicitly stated there, but the format of the
inventory file is virtually identically to the format of the file
/etc/security/sysck.cfg.  There are a few differences, most dealing
with file sizes and checksums.  I believe these are described in
some documentation.

The one place that I think has the most documentation on the SYSCK
database and the files it uses is the BOS README file.  I may still
have some viewgraphs or documentation on SYSCK if there are still
questions.
--
John F. Haugh II      |      I've Been Moved     |    MaBellNet: (512) 838-4340
SneakerNet: 809/1D064 |          AGAIN !         |      VNET: LCCB386 at AUSVMQ