rlogin won't

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Sat Jan 19 10:31:46 AEST 1991

Two days ago, rlogin worked.  Today it doesn't.  I don't know what
was done to break it (I didn't), I just have to fix it. :-(

The situation:

rlogin broken. (i.e. "rlogin other" hangs)
tn works. (i.e. "tn other" gets a login prompt from "other")
rsh works. (i.e. "rsh other uname -a" reports other's data)
/etc/hosts.equiv contains the calling machine's name.

Note that who (from another terminal) reports me as logged-in on other.
ps reports me as running /etc/ttys/stty-posix.  Running stty-posix
after telneting does not hang.
If I interrupt (^C) rlogin, I am logged-in to other, but /etc/profile
has not been run.

Any ideas?
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

Look closely at the return address.  It is nanovx and NOT nanovAx.