How to use Display PostScript to preview PS?

Jonathan Eunice jonathan at speedy.cs.pitt.edu
Sat Jan 5 07:43:15 AEST 1991

In my last missive, I asked "How does one use DPS to preview PostScript
files?" GRAVISHANKER at EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU responed by mail with the
embarrasingly simple:

|  Have you tried using the input redirect?
|
|	dpsexec < myfile.ps
|
|  dpsexec has problems, if I remember right, in that if you are previewing
|  multi-page output, it would show only the last page. Redefine the showpage
|  macro (Of course, first save the system one to a different name) to wait for
|  some input to get around this.

NB, the showpage macro is the trick.  Don't redefine it and the image will
display and dpsexec will exit so fast you don't even see it.  Thanks,
Ravi, for the insight.

So, dpsexec will work, but is not terribly good, for multi-page docuemnts
eg.  Does anyone know of a good PS previewer based on DPS and X?