Anyone get in/out asynch to work on R/6000?

Geoff Coleman geoff at edm.uucp
Fri Jan 4 03:35:28 AEST 1991

In article <903 at ki.UUCP> dwatts at ki.UUCP (Dan Watts) writes:

>We're trying to get dial in/out access to work on our R/6000.  We're
>currently running AIX release 3002.  getty -u doesn't seem to work.
>Has anyone been able to get this to work?  From posting I've seen on
>the net, I've not see anyone say they've had success.  If I can't get
>it to work, guess I'll just have to break down and buy another modem
>and deal with interuptions when outgoing calls hang up on incoming ones.
>--
>################## Skinny Dippers Have Less Stress ##################
># CompuServe: >INTERNET:uunet.UU.NET!ki!dwatts    Dan Watts         #
># UUCP      : ...!{uunet | wgc386}!ki!dwatts      Ki Research, Inc. #
>############### New Dimensions In Network Connectivity ##############

	After much discussion with the IBM support people in
Canada I finally got them to get the Texas people to admit that
share/delay were broken and I got a patch disk which fixes tsm/login/getty.
This patch is not included in the 3002 update and must be requested
specifically as far as I can tell.

My bi-directional modems now work almost as well as "uugetty".

Hope this helps

Geoff Coleman

e-mail: geoff at edm.uucp
phone: (403) 423-3046

p.s. If you need further info on this patch give me a call.

p.p.s The best comment when I was having this problem and talking to IBM was

me: "cu doesn't work it can't access the modem"
ibm: "we need to know what kind of machine you are calling"