GNU emacs 18.56

Glenn R. Stone gs26 at prism.gatech.EDU
Fri Jan 25 06:13:28 AEST 1991

In <1991Jan23.210514.500 at nrcnet0.nrc.ca> ng at cfd.di.nrc.ca (Kai S. Ng) writes:

>I've installed GNU emacs 18.56 on a RS6000/530 running AIX 3.1 (3002).
>It works well on the X11 environment (compiled with HAVE_X_WINDOWS, X11,
>HAVE_X_MENU).

This I gotta have.... Big Blue's 18.54 port doesn't do X... :(

>However, the DEL key does not function when you are not using X. It seems
>DEL is mapped to "ESC [ P" for some reason. Has anybody encountered the same
>problem?

Under X, ^? (DEL) is sent with C-Backspace (control-backspace) by default.
IBM has an hft.el in their Emacs lisp/term directory (which I linked to
aixterm.el) which maps all the keys to the Right Things, including
insert, delete, home, end, arrow keys, the whole nine yards....
You Want It, You Got It....

-- Glenn R. Stone
glenns at eas.gatech.edu