curses (the library)

William Dean Norris II wdn at reef.cis.ufl.edu
Sat Jun 8 07:03:40 AEST 1991

>>>>> On 7 Jun 91 17:12:45 GMT, wdn at reef.cis.ufl.edu (William Dean Norris II) said:

Dean> In article <1991Jun6.202337.27453 at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com> you write:
>In article <WDN.91Jun5180238 at bebop.math.ufl.edu> wdn at math.ufl.edu (William Dean Norris II) writes:

Dean> What I was attempting to say is that wattrset () in the
Dean> curses library *doesn't* work, allegedly it works on HFTs.  The only
Dean> attribute which works is standout mode.  Blinking, underline, bold,
Dean> etc... do *not* work.  The include file calls these attributes,
Dean> A_STANDOUT, A_UNDERLINE, A_REVERSE, A_BLINK, A_DIM, A_BOLD, A_ALTCHARSET.

>jim/jsalter  IBM PSP, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427  VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ

Dean> William Dean Norris II		"Darling it's better down
Dean> wdn at cis.ufl.edu				Sebastian in "A Little Mermaid"

Well our question was answered through eMail, by
ejsiebe at chgvmic1.vnet.ibm.com he suggested that we compile with
-DNLS and it worked.  He (I am assuming the sex of the individual)
said that this was a work-around and thought that there was a patch
available to fix this bug, but I'm glad that we have something. :-)

Now if we can only get *real* boxes around our windows. :)

Tech Support -4
Net 1

--
-----
William Dean Norris II		"Darling it's better down