INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

Matt Haines haines at debussy.cs.colostate.edu
Fri Mar 29 07:29:00 AEST 1991

Hi all.

I was given this problem by someone here at CSU, and asked to see what I
could do.  Well, after this informative error message, I decided that
there was not much I could do.  Are there any IBM compiler people
who know what this means?

| xlc -c stats.c
|
|     1500-004: (U) INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR while compiling packingBounds. Compilation ended. Contact your I.B.M. Service representative and provide the following information: M_ADDR: Illegal address calculation.
|     1506-163: (S) Error recovery not possible. Compilation ended.
| xlc: 1501-230 Internal compiler error; please contact your IBM representative
| 1254-004  The error code from the last failed command is 40.
|
| Make Quitting.

Thanks in advance.
--
Matt Haines <haines at cs.colostate.edu>   | "Why waste time learning when
Colorado State University, CS Dept.     |  ignorance is instantaneous"