Elm on AIX PS/2

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Mon Mar 11 05:55:13 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar8.041431.8094 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> lance at lances.aiss.uiuc.edu (C Lance Moxley) writes:
>Has anyone gotten elm to run on a ps/2 70 running aix ver 1.2?

Yes, we use elm internally here at LCC, although I was not the one
who built it so I don't know how difficult it was to port. The biggest
problem with an older version of the code which I did port (although its
been so long ago I don't remember any specifics) was that AIX uses the
.newmail mailbox in the user's home, whereas that version of the elm
code expected the usual '/usr/spool/mail/userid'.

>I keep blowing up on the leavembox.c file. Any help would be
>appreciated.

Descriptions such as this are useless, what do you mean? Does the compile
fail here, and if so what specifically is the error? Or does the binary
get an error in this code? Be a bit more detailed and perhaps someone can
help.

Disclaimer: I don't speak for my employer.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM