alloca() on AIX 3.1 ?

Tony Sanders sanders at peyote.cactus.org
Tue Mar 26 09:04:32 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar20.105721.12930 at frodo.cc.flinders.edu.au> psjmt at cc.flinders.edu.au (James Tizard) writes:
>The title says it all. The man pages indicate that alloca() is available,
>but I can't find it !
>It certainly isn't in libc.a or (as the gdbm installation
>implies) in libPW.a
Use:    #pragma alloca
in the source between ifdefs.

The current documention specifies this, older versions did not.

BTW: Is someone working on a FAQ for this group?  Seems like a good idea.
I couldn't remeber if this was posted here before.  I've seen it, but it
could have been on an internal group.

-- sanders at peyote.cactus.org
First rule of software:  Throw the first one away.  and so on...
I am not an IBM representative, I speak only for myself.