CD ROM ON RS6000

Bill Baker web at farpoint.austin.ibm.com
Fri Mar 15 01:00:57 AEST 1991

>I have an RS6000/320 with a CD ROM used for info-explorer.  Can CDs
>developed for the MS-DOS envirement be used on the RS6000?
>Do you need software not part of AIX to use such disks?

The AIX CD-ROM file system will allow you to access any CD-ROM via the
normal file system interfaces if the disk is in either ISO-9660 or
High Sierra format.   Just mount the CD-ROM on some directory.  If the
mount fails with the EFORMAT error, then the disk isn't in a format
recognized by the file system.  Disks in other formats would only be
accessible via the device.

Enjoy,
web
Bill Baker             Internet: web at glasnost.austin.ibm.com
IBM AWD                AWD net: web at farpoint.austin.ibm.com
11400 Burnet Rd.       VNET: WEBAKER AT AUSVMQ
Austin, TX; 78758-2502