'6000 NVRAM

Rich Coe rhcoe at buscfg.austin.ibm.com
Mon Mar 4 01:53:48 AEST 1991

I won't talk about the Logical Volume problem that Dave Beedle was
having, but just to clear the air, the only way the system utilizes
the NVRAM is to find the disk which contains the boot partition and
to keep a small bit (order of 512 bytes) of information across reboots.
Unplugging the NVRAM battery just makes it take longer to boot the
system the next time.  Also, it doesn't take 45 minutes to clear the
NVRAM, much closer to 10 to 15 seconds.

If anyone has any more questions about the NVRAM, I'll be happy to
answer them.

Rich Coe.
----
UUCP: ...!uunet!ibmsupt!rhcoe