graPHIGS PostScript output ?

Scott Holt scott at prism.gatech.EDU
Fri Mar 29 07:52:40 AEST 1991

In article <IVAN%NEPJT.91Mar28150505 at nepjt.ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> ivan at nepjt.ncsu.edu (Ivan Maldonado) writes:

>Anyone familiar with this that can recommend an
>alternate route ?

Well, starting with version 2.2, graPHIGS suppors a "CGM" output
device. This will produce a CGM metafile. This CGM Metafile can
then be converted to output for a number of different devices using
a metafile translator. If you are not familiar with CGM, it is and
ANSI standard for image storage and interchange.

We use a metafile translator called GPLOT available from the Pittsburg
Supercomputing Center, but I am sure there are others (commercial and
noncomercial) available.  I think that the latest version of GPLOT is
4.3 and is available for anonymous ftp from calpe.psc.edu.

- Scott
--
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Scott Holt                 		Internet: scott at prism.gatech.edu
Georgia Tech 				UUCP: ..!gatech!prism!scott
Office of Information Technology, Technical Services