type mismatches?

John D. McCalpin mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu
Wed Mar 20 07:05:51 AEST 1991

I have been using the -qextchk option with xlf to check for type
mismatches at the loading step of the compilation.  Until today, I
have had no mismatches, so I have never seen its output.

So today I compile a big program and get the following message:

0706-315 ERROR: Type mismatches detected by RESOLVE.
                 See messages under RESOLVE for more information.

This is *not* helpful!!!!!
What the hell does it mean?
Where do I find "messages under RESOLVE"?  InfoExplorer cannot find
anything relevant under the keywords "resolve" or "mismatch".
I have not been able to find anywhere to look up the error message
either....
John D. McCalpin			mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu
Assistant Professor			mccalpin at brahms.udel.edu
College of Marine Studies, U. Del.	J.MCCALPIN/OMNET