Emacs 18.57 window size

Mark Hood mjh at zurich.ai.mit.edu
Thu Mar 14 03:46:25 AEST 1991

In article <KSTAILEY.91Mar9142417 at geech.ai.mit.edu> kstailey at geech.ai.mit.edu (Kenneth Stailey) writes:

   I ported Emacs by myself partly for practice and partly just to have it.
   The only problem with my port is that when you resize the X-window it
   adds a blank row and column to the bottom and right of the window.  Any
   'buggestions' as to why will be greatly appreciated.

I had a somewhat similar problem when building 18.57 as distributed by FSF.
The emacs window always came up a little too short, clipping the descenders
of text in the minibuffer.  When resized, the window became a little too
tall.

This can be fixed by #defining XICCC in m-ibmrs6000.h and linking with the
X11R4 version of libX11.a instead of the X11R3 version.  The R4 library is
needed in order to get XSetWMNormalHints.
--

Mark Hood
mjh at zurich.ai.mit.edu
"Wouldn't it be FABULOUS if ZIPMAN was in charge?"